RAILROAD TANK CAR INSULATION
FyreWrap® Tank Car Insulation from Unifrax is a flexible, lightweight, high-temperature, fire protection insulation blanket specifically designed to meet Department of Transportation (DOT) Federal Railroad Administration thermal protection requirements for railroad tank cars carrying hazardous materials. Tank Car Insulation systems have been tested to pool fire and torch fire conditions outlined in 49 CFR Part 179 and are utilized on tank car Classes DOT-105, 109, 112, and 114. Systems comply with DOT Dockets HM-144, HM-145, HM-175, HM-175a, and HM-181 for cars carrying flammable and combustible liquids and gases and chlorine that are approved by the Association of American Railroads (AAR).
Unifrax Thermal Protection Systems:
- ½” 4.5 lb/ft3 FyreWrap Tank Car Blanket*
- ½”, 4.5 lb/ft3 FyreWrap* + 4”,0.75 lb/ft3 Fiberglass (all compressed to 4”)
- Other qualified systems are available for pressure and chlorine tank cars. Contact Unifrax for details.
- QUALIFIED Thermal Protection Systems
- AVAILABLE CAPACITY to meet volume demand and compliance timeline
- 30+ YEAR PROVEN HISTORY supplying material to railcar industry
- SPUN ceramic fiber offers superior strength during installation and service
- SCROLL WRAP packaging & special sizes
- Manufactured in Indiana, USA
- SAME PRODUCT – no formula or chemistry changes
Refer to the product Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for recommended work practices and other product safety information.
For additional information on products, properties and performance, typical applications, or to identify the recommended product for your application, see the product information sheet listed above or contact the Unifrax Fire Protection Application Engineering Department at +91 22 2921 2200.